Wednesday 5 August 2009

Crunchy Kale for the win

Sitting back, thinking about a crunchy snack...

Kale.

Yep, you might not think of this curly, leafy grean as a crunchy snack. Trust me, you'd be missing out on a stellar incarnation of this summer vegetable.

I took a big bunch of Kale and washed it all, de-stemmed them, then ripped it up into bite-size pieces then stored it for later use. When we need a crunch snack, I pull out a few handfuls, throw them into a bowl and toss with a little oil (of choice, I used a local peanut oil), and season with salt.

You can choose to season it either before or after you've baked it. I choose before, and used a salt mill, so I have a subtle slightly salty taste (I'm not much of a salt eater). For a more powerful salty flavour, salt after with your favourite salt.

Spread the kale out on a cookie sheet (don't overlap) and bake at 325*F for 7 minutes. Flip the kale over, then cook for another 5 minutes or so. Should be crunchy, but be careful not to overcook.

I'd have take a picture for you all, but I literally just ate them all ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got something to say? Leave a comment.