Wednesday 28 January 2009

A first attempt at Kale

We just tried Kale for the first time, and loved it! It made a fantastic side dish to tonight's meal.

The Meal:
Local/all-natural Pork chops stuffed with Cajun sausage, broiled
Organic baked herb-Parmesan sweet potato fries
Organic lemon garlic Kale

How I made the sweet potato fries: I quickly cut up two sweet potatoes on our mandolin. In a bowl I tossed these with herbs de province, parmesan cheese, finely chopped garlic, olive oil, salt & pepper. Roasted these in an oven, stirring occasionally.

How I made the kale: In a saucepan, I started with butter, garlic and onions. I cut up the kale into 1/4" slices (afte removing the stems). I slowly added it into the saucepan and cooked for approx 10mins. Garnished with lemon juice, and salt & pepper to taste.

Results: Fantastic!! I like a lot of dark greens (chard, beet greens) but kale has a wonderful taste. Definitely a cook-again!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got something to say? Leave a comment.