Tuesday 20 January 2009

A sick foodie wants thai food

I was sitting here thinking I had nothing of interest to post about today. I've come down with a bit of a cold, and it's left me awfully congested. My thoughts, however, turned to foods that I like to eat when I am sick.

I like the classics: toast, gingerale, chicken noodle soup.... There is something about eggs that makes me feel good when I am sickly.

Amongst todays staples are several cups of a concoction of orange pekoe tea (fair trade), lemon, and honey (local/all natural). For dinner I am eating a dinner of Red Curry noodles from Bangkok Cuisine, a thai medium in heat (not a western medium, beware!). I figure I'll scare it out with some spices. If it doesn't cure my congestion, nothing will.

If you haven't been to Bangkok Cuisine, go. It's on King street near Fairway road, right about where the highway entrance/exit is. The thai food is absolutely amazing, and you can tell they are using quality and fresh ingredients. Warning *again* the food is hotter than many of you might expect. I love hot foods and I tend to stick with medium. Favorite dishes include the curry noodles, drunken noodles and pad thai. The larb, and appetizer, is to die for. They even have a website.

Update: the red curry totally works but wears off after about an hour. Rx - 4-5 tbsp of red curry dish every 1hrs until better :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got something to say? Leave a comment.