Thursday 29 January 2009

A quick, tasty dinner

A mostly organic/local meal I made from things out of my fridge.

1 package local/all natural ground pork
1 organic zucchini, diced
1 home-canned jar of local tomatoes
2 large organic, local leeks
dash of Worcestershire
salt & pepper to taste
basil, oregano
basil pesto

I started by sauteing the leeks by themselves, then the zucchini, and adding everything to a large pot when done. Season and cook the ground pork and add to the pot. Add the canned tomatoes, and add herbs and seasoning. Add a dash of Worcestershire sauce, then the remanents of some basil pesto for some body to the flavour. Taste, season, taste....

Serve with 4 cups cooked jasmine rice (admittedly, not local. I haven't figured rice out yet)

1 comment:

  1. I can't wait to try this out. You make it sound so easy in the article! Have you ever been to Wacanai.com(http://www.wacanai.com/intro). They have a bunch of good articles on there as well. If you post yours on there you can link it back to your website. I have put a few recipes on wacania and it has driven so much traffic to my website. They have graphs that allow you to track how many people read it. Thanks J

    ReplyDelete

Got something to say? Leave a comment.